Energy Project Developer
Vacant Position 1 - Energy Project Developer
We are seeking an energy project developer with an entrepreneurial spirit to help us grow our energy project development portfolio within various markets in India & Asia . This position is part of a small, collaborative and entrepreneurial team, and will be exposed to all aspects of the project development life cycle.
The ideal candidate is a smart, analytical, and personable self-starter who can independently complete tasks on schedule and is comfortable forming, writing, and presenting a coherent argument using facts and fact based opinions following detailed analysis.
The candidate should be comfortable with basic principles of project development, finance, and economics. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong communication, presentation, and computer skills. An understanding of electric utility industry, solar and energy storage technology, and/or energy markets. Likewise, prior experience in project development and/or project finance is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with management and other team members to uncover new opportunities and drive forward existing projects under development.
- Generate new opportunities through networking and market research.
- Interface directly with local and state government officials, and other project stakeholders
- Develop new relationships with project partners
- Take part in and contribute to periodic meetings
- Research, conduct self-guided analysis, produce reports, and present information clearly to management.
- Compilation and analysis of data for project stakeholders
- Travel to project site locations and stakeholder meetings will be required
- Up to 3 – 5 Years of Work Experience (direct experience in solar development or financing is a plus)
- Bachelor’s Electrical Engineering degree with Working knowledge of project-based financial models.
- Self-directed, motivated, and flexible self-starter with ability to work independently and to autonomously manage tasks
- Able to accomplish multiple/simultaneous assignments within deadlines; Strong due diligence skills
- Financial acumen and a solid understanding of economic value proposition analysis
- Ability to interface with co-workers, partners, and clients (of varying functions) in a professional manner
- Desire to expand breadth of knowledge in potentially new industries and areas
- Exceptional professional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Entrepreneurial Drive and willingness to be a part of a team pursuing new business opportunities in the face of challenges.